What are you doing after school?
If you're a School Board Employee in Alberta on the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), when you hit your "magic number" your income will drop significantly. So how do you make up the difference? With the Group RRSP for Alberta School Board Employees!
A parallel program to the ATA Group RRSP offered to Alberta teachers, the ASBE Group RRSP was created specifically with the needs of non-teaching staff working for school boards in Alberta.
The ASBE Group RRSP gives non-teaching staff access to one of the best investment plans on the market today.
How is it better?
1. The Alberta School Board Employees' Group RRSP is available via Payroll Deduction in virtually every School Board in Alberta. This means that they deduct your RRSP Contribution from pre-tax income and you get your tax savings back on every paycheque!
2. It has none of the transaction fees you'd normally see at the bank or other financial services companies. This means that there are no front-end, annual service, set-up, withdrawal or redemption fees. Or put another way, no cost to start investing, make changes or take money out. You get all the benefits of a self-directed plan without any of the usual costs!
3. There are none of the Deferred Sales Charges (DSC) that you'd commonly see through the bank. This means that your money is not locked in -- you can make changes or pull it out with no cost or penalty.
4. You get access to some incredible investment options, including the investment arms of every major bank, wholesale money managers and private fund managers who you would never be able to access on your own. (It's only through the power of having over 40,000 members in the Alberta Teachers Association and School Board Employees' organizations that we've been able to negotiate this.)
5. The experience only Capital Estate Planning has of working with Alberta School Board Employees for over 25 years!
How to invest in the ASBE Group RRSP (for Alberta School Board Employees)
You have three main ways:
For people who just don't know where to start, Target Date Funds like Fidelity Clearpath are complex investment vehicles in the back end that are incredibly simple to access for you as an investor. They simply look at your age and the year you plan to retire, and build a plan around that. When you have a lot of time before retirement, they create a product mix that's more aggressive so that you can grow as the markets shift. But every five years, they automatically become a little more conservative, so that by the time you get closer to retirement, they're more focused on protection.
For people who want to be a little more customized in their investing, Portfolio Funds provide a level of investing diversity that is hard to find in any other product. Based on your own individual risk profile, a Portfolio Fund like the Balanced Fund gives you the chance to invest in 16 different investment funds all at the same time -- and each fund has a whole portfolio of investments. It's the ultimate in balancing your investments!
For those who have a deeper understanding of the market and want to take advantage of running their own self-directed plan (without the fees normally associated with these plans), our High Touch option gives you the chance to choose between any of the 44 different investment choices inside the ASBE Group RRSP in whatever percentage you choose.
The sooner you start investing the more your money will grow in the background. Contact us today to take advantage of the only Group RRSP built specifically for Alberta School Board Employees!
ASBE Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
When you stop working for your school board, will you have saved up enough for retirement to do the things you want to do?
Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
How are you saving for your children's education (or your grandchildren's)?